In today’s episode, Steve MacDonald and Tom Wallace discuss how to choose the companies investors want to be engaged with, and also, some of the red flags for angel investing. Steve MacDonald is a serial entrepreneur who founded, among others, TechHealth and myMatrixx – the first web-enabled pharmacy benefits manager. The successful experiences in the entrepreneurial world led Steve into angel investing and now he is a Partner and a Board Member at Florida Funders and he helps find, fund, and build the next generation of technology companies in Florida.
- In this episode, you will learn:
- Steve’s background in the business world.
- The reasons angel investing is viewed as part art, part science.
- What to look for, when considering to invest in a company.
- Our processing power and Moore’s law – the two essential components that spin the wheel of technology advancement.
- Steve’s favorite companies that he has invested in.